Wednesday 28 February 2018

Well that passed without a flutter


Man, I was soooo excited about hitting 10,000 miles on one bike. Never before had I achieved such a feet on a single bike. Ever.

Gotten close, yes. I'd covered over 9000 miles on a Single Speed but never the big 10.



It was soo cool working up to 10k. Got taken out, fell off, shiz broke, it felt like a real challenge.

I was really looking forward to it. Thought to myself  'yeah, i'll service the bike as reward' and made plans for banners and a party for all to attend (ha!). Then it happened. I just cycled my 10,000th mile like any other. I didn't even finish a ride on the number, I just cycled straight through it. I think it was a commute home, mile 13 out of 25 or something equally forgettable.

I was going to sync my 10,000th mile ride with a ride out with a couple of buds and stop for a pint on route but that didn't happen for commitment reasons. It was all just a bit meh

So anyway, I did it and it was like any other mile. Same old shiz. Another mile, another commute.

So now my 2016 Allez is my most ridden bike ever. 11,727 miles. It's in dire need of a clean and a gear service. The current cassette has only done 2590 miles so that's good for another 2590 miles but the chain is stretched to the point of concern.

Due to my accident and a wheelset swap, the chain has done a 1000 miles more than the cassette, old cassette stayed on the Ultegra wheel as a spare.

So if it doesn't snow too bloody much, I might get round to swapping the chain in the next few days.....Hooray for 10k!







No comments:

Post a Comment