Monday 26 February 2018

Excuses

Man I love this.....This post has been inspired by that GCN video, you know the one.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw7HC8z_zZs

I have a HUGE list of excuses, some genuine, some maybe not so much.....Love deploying a good excuse. We all do. Especially when it comes to the commute and one of your riding buddies clearly has better form than you. You can sense it almost immediately as you leave the office. 

Someone injects a bit of pace and you just know your legs aren't having any of it. So they start rolling round your mind. You start questioning what you're wearing, the bike you're riding, their bike, their gear. Your's is defo heavier. 100%. You ok the sitch with the fact you've been riding all week and they've just appeared for this day. 'fresh legs'. 

And so it commences.......My list: 

'I'm using a 52 FFS, who specs a 52, how can I climb with a 52!' (kicked the ass out of this one)

'This jacket is too big, I'm too hot to chase any times' 

'I'm wearing the wrong shoes, these winter boots are too heavy' 

'I'm clearly wearing the wrong kit for the conditions, I'm too *Hot/Cold/wet/dry (*delete as required)

'My chain has stretched, I'm nursing the bike until I swap the chain out' *Currently using this.

'My wheels are too heavy' 

'There is too much traffic today' 

'I have a new bag and it sits higher on my back, I can feel it pulling me back. Must be the wind resistance, ' *this is a new one for me, bigger bag, 4 litres more storage space. This will be deployed soon enough. 

Clearly there are plenty more. 

The best excuse I've heard for actually riding the bike is this, which was used when a mate that seldom rides, rode on a freezing cold morning. 

'I couldn't be arsed to defrost the car' 

Brilliant. 












No comments:

Post a Comment