Wednesday 13 September 2017

My first off on the Allez


I've ridden this corner 100 times. Easy. It's under the cover of trees, So always on the wrong side of damp.

It rained last night with wind gusting up to 40mph.

This corner is at the bottom of a slight decent, so can be approached quite quickly, especially when you decide to approach sitting on the wheel of a car. Too fast.

It was 100% my fault, I knew instantly, when on the corner that I was about to go down as I was going way too fast. I was in too deep at this point and BOOM, down I went.

Initial thoughts 'Don't let the bike get damaged' I didn't, it was in between my legs so I held it up as best I could, just the pedal and rear wheel QR got scratched, ow and my butt. 'Watch for the accessories', didn't want my Garmin or lights pinging off and ending up under the wheel of a car. They didn't. 'Crap, I'm wearing my new shorts', These wore well. Zero damage as far as I can tell.



So all in all, quite a nice, safe crash, in the grand scheme of things. Thankfully, there were no cars on this corner during or immediately after my crash, which was nice.

So its a badge of honour crash. Completely of my own doing and completely avoidable. Funny thing hindsight. I wanted to carry the speed, I wanted to hit the corner hard, I just picked the wrong corner on the wrong day. Chuffed my bike is fine.

It is Cycle to Work Day after all, so I managed a decent selfie, after the off obviously. Love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment