Tuesday 29 November 2011

What a revelation....

Be seen, Be seen....Thats all that matters.

Hmmn not anymore. When I started commuting all I literally cared about was that cars could see me. It was late March and summer would be upon us shortly so why worry about the dying light. Ow how things have changed. It starts getting dark now at 4pm, 4PM!! I start my journey home at around 17:45 daily so by this ungodly hour its pitch black.

I've never been concerned with powerful lights and being able to actually see on the road but then I've never rode this distance before in my life, I've simply been using these lights so that I can be seen when on the road. Don't get me wrong, they've done a job and the rear light still remains on my bike but part of my route is unlit and the front light is worse than useless in that scenario, more so now that it seems to flicker when I go over a bump. Time to invest......

So I bought me one of these and Damn what a difference it makes. On the right of this blog you'll see a link titled 'light comparison' check it out to see the incredible beam of this light for this bargain price. All of the lights with comparible beam are £100 plus. 300 lumens, not sure what they are, hell I'm not even sure I spelt that right but damn they are bright when put together. I used this light for the first time last night and when I came to the part of my route that is unlit I was amazed. I could now see all the pothole's I usually have to dodge with partial vision and you know when you have crap lights on your bike and the last car passes you and you're dropped into complete darkness? Well not anymore! I'd even argue my little light delivers as much power as a cars headlights in a concentrated spot. And I got 10% discount so the light was even more of a bargain at £71!!

A big plus of me buying this light was that it charges via a USB connection, no more poxy AA batteries.....joy.

For serious road commuters, this light is Essential and there is NOTHING out there better for the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment